6.27.2015

URBAN JUNGLE BLOGGERS: PLANT COLOR POP

MID MOD & MORE FOR URBAN JUNGLE BLOGGERS: PLANT COLOR POP
 
MID MOD & MORE FOR URBAN JUNGLE BLOGGERS: PLANT COLOR POP
 
Some would say that growing plants is a hobby, but for me growing plants is all about life. And I cherish life. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's not, but it's ours and we have to make the best out of it. Things are pretty much shitty right now for us here in Greece, but you know what? People thoughout history have faced worse situations, but somehow life goes on.

I refuse to be terrorised by any person, goverment or nation. I refuse to panic and act as an idiot. There is no room here for complaints, only for thinking and acting. I value my life, therefore I choose love, family and friends. I choose happiness and sorrow. I choose books, music and inspirational work. I choose sunny days and color and plants!

So here is my little Parlor Palm (Chamaedorea elegans) photographed in front of an Ellsworth Kelly print I have on my living room. She is only 40cm tall, but with care and love, I hope she will grow into a big healthy palm!

© Mid Mod & More. Photography by Fotini Masika.

Urban Jungle Bloggers is a monthly series hosted by Igor - Happy Interior Blog and Judith - Joelix. Every month they invite the plant lovers to create a post of a certain topic and share their creative ideas.

2 comments:

Judith said...

I like your attitude Fotini! So positive and with a clear view & goal. Thank you for the inspiring Elsworth Kelly & plant art. Let's hope for a better future for Greece and the world but first: a lovely summer with colors, plants and our loved ones. Thank you for sharing your #plantcolorpop with us Urban Jungle Bloggers!

Fotini Masika said...

Oh, Judith, thank you so much for your words. It means a lot to me!!! Have a great summer and stay positive!