4.14.2014

HANS G. CONRAD - HFG ULM

The HfG Ulm (Ulm School of Design) was founded by Max Bill, Inge Scholl and her husband Otl Aicher in 1953. The school based in Ulm, Germany, quickly gained international recognition and is often viewed as being second only to the Bauhaus as the most influential school of design. With several departments, in each section, such as filmmaking or product design, the college was trying to implement new approaches to the design processes, much like the Bauhaus did in their time. Although the school ceased operation after fifteen years in 1968, their model for teaching design still exists today and is often referred to in the education system worldwide.  via OEN

All photos taken by Hans G. Conrad in 1955, via René Spitz

No comments: